alskuefhaih
asoiefh

Monday, January 01, 2007

Holiday tag


I've been tagged by The Healing Room, an easy tag.


1. Grab the book closest to you.

2. Open to page 123, go down to the fifth sentence

3. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog

4. Name of the book and the author

5. Tag three people


The book closest to me is "View with a Grain of Sand," a book of poetry by Wisława Szymborska. Page 123 does not have 5 lines (ends at the 4th), so I went to page 124. The fifth sentence, and the next two are:


A jackal doesn't understand remorse.
Lions and lice don't waver in their
course.

Why should they, when they know they're
right?



I wish I had a photo of a lion, a jackal or a louse, but I don't. This photo of hardy-orange will do.

I tag Mrs. M., Mei Shile and Rauf. :D

5 comments:

thehealingroom said...

Oh, I see that you were able to get through, Ruth. It must've been a blogger thing.

Mei Shile said...

Oh, I am tagged! The closest book is in French, I hope language doesn't matter :-o!

Ginnie Hart said...

A thorny pic, dear Ruth. :)

I think I have been tagged as well and will have to get to that shortly. A very cute idea.

rauf said...

The thorns make a lovely design Ruth,

Oh yes I'll do it in a while.
Haven't unpacked my books and CD's as yet.
Hope all at home are fine.

Anonymous said...

I love that photo. Ruth, you are becoming a photo genius.