Sunday, October 22, 2006

Christmas in October

If you want to see it bigger, click on image

When I brought the Christmas cacti in from the porch in September the decrease in light sent them into blooming mode. So here we are two months early, blooming with the pumpkins. We might be lucky enough to have some abloom a month from now when Don's family comes for Thanksgiving (and Lesley and Peter are home - yay!).

10 comments:

  1. What a great juxtaposition, Ruth, of the Christmas cactus blooming with the pumpkin in the background! Yay indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just beautiful Ruth, never heard of Christmas cactus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Rauf. "Schlumbergera" is the species. I would love to see one growing in natural habitat someday, which is the rain forest, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We missed your elegant presence at poetry last night. This photo is stunning. You keep those beautiful images coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, anon.! Is that Heather, Carrie or MJ? :) I missed being with you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Or it could have been Diane!! Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, the anon post was me! Heather. I have trouble posting to your site sometimes and it must have registered me as anon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather, ah! Yeah, I know, it's a royal pain since I switched to beta.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Unfortunately, at the moment my ability to respond to comments is limited.