Monday, October 30, 2006

Embody peace


"It is difficult for us in the West to trust that we can achieve peace and happiness if we're not doing something active to bring it about, but embodying peace and happiness does bring it about."

- Alberto Villoldo, from The Four Insights: Wisdom, Power and Grace of the Earthkeepers

10 comments:

  1. Yes we have to make an effort to bring peace. It requires a great deal of telerance too. There are people out there who take pleasure in disturbing the peace.

    This is a picture of peace Ruth because there is no interference.
    Like peace on earth, your picture looks like a dream, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tolerance ruth sorry for the typo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginnie, you and I, I think, suffer from that "should." That we should DO something. And BEing IS doing.

    Rauf, thank you. It takes constant monitoring of my own self to see if my peace is disturbed. If I pollute the world with my stress, anger, fear, I have done no different than someone who is violent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I've purchased the book,
    now I am waiting for it to be delivered!
    It certainly sounds like it is right in line with my path.
    Thanks Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THR, you're welcome. I'm off today to Ann Arbor with a friend, where we go to a delightful, soulful bookstore. I'm going to look at the Michael Brown book you mentioned on your post. Hadn't heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you've been enjoying this dialogue about the importance of embodying peace you might like to visit

    www.EmbodyPeace.wordpress.com

    It is full of resources from the arts, meditation, conflict resolution and education.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Unfortunately, at the moment my ability to respond to comments is limited.